- 1 What are shipping profiles on Shopify?
- 2 What does Shopify Shipping Profile do?
- 3 How do I set up Shopify Shipping Profiles?
- 4 How do you manage shipping rates within your shipping profile?
- 5 How to Improve Shipping Profiles in Shopify
- 6 Shopify Apps Best to Increase Shipping Profiles
- 6.1 Advanced Shipping Rules
- 6.2 Advanced Shipping Manager
- 6.3 Better Shipping
- 6.4 Parcelify offers shipping rates
- 6.5 Shopify’s Best Limit Items Sold Apps
- 6.6 Order Limits – MinMaxify
- 6.7 OrderLogic – Min & Max Limits
- 6.8 Limits for Min and Max by Limitsify
- 6.9 Shopify’s Best Shipping Label Apps
- 6.10 Shippo
- 6.11 Multi Carrier Shipping Label
- 6.12 Shipandco
- 7 Summary
What are shipping profiles on Shopify?
Shopify Shipping Profil allows you to set up custom shipping settings and optimize shipping rates based upon the products and shipping location. Shopify provides merchants the ability to purchase shipping labels, track orders and print them.
eCommerce businesses’ sustainability and long-term viability are dependent on shipping and fulfillment . If you don’t deliver your goods on time and at the lowest cost, you are wasting money. To minimize shipping costs, it is important to understand the shipping rate used within the shipping industry.
We’ve compiled a list of all the information you need to make the right shipping decision for your business. Shopify is one the most popular eCommerce platforms. These are the foundations for all your shipping. You can tweak each one as you learn more, but these are the key decisions and actions that will make up your top-level shipping strategy. These case studies can help you run your business.
What does Shopify Shipping Profile do?
Before you can create a shipping profile, it is important to understand the shipping rates and zones. Each position can have a zone and rate. Apps that impact shipping should also be considered. To ensure that shipping profiles work in your apps, make sure to contact their developers before you use them.
Shipping profiles can be used to set shipping rates and then charge different amounts depending on the destination and origin of goods. You can add products to a shipping profile with the same shipping rates. Then, you can set shipping zones and rates for each place that has those products.
- Different products and zones may have different shipping rates.
- Rules that are weight- and price-based
- For domestic and international orders, create shipping zones
- Checkout: Show real-time rate
- Connect to your third-party carrier account
- Pickup and Delivery Locally
- Shopify plans determine the number of stores in each location
- One shipping profile can be used for a product or variant at a given time
- Checkout: Combine rates from multiple profiles to get double charges
- Impossible to set up advance shipping rules
- Shipping methods cannot be shown or hidden at checkout
- Only one 20 label can be bulk printed at a given time
How do I set up Shopify Shipping Profiles?
Shipping profile general
The default shipping profile for your shipping is . To customize your profile, create shipping zones and assign shipping rates to them. If a product/variant is not in a customized profile, it will use the general profile’s shipping rate.
Custom shipping profile
You can create additional shipping profiles to help you deal with products that have different shipping costs or are not available in your area. You can add a product to a second shipping profile. The first profile will be removed. Shopify will automatically combine shipping rates for orders that include products from different profiles. This can lead to higher shipping costs.
This might be the answer if you’re looking for a way to set shipping rates that are different from one another. You can create separate shipping profiles for each vendor. Each vendor can have their own shipping profile. This allows customers to pay different rates for purchases made from different vendors/shipping profils at checkout. Each shipping profile has its own shipping rate, so customers can buy multiple items from one vendor. All orders will be charged the same shipping rate. If a customer buys two items from two shipping profile with a $20 flat shipping rate and 10 flat shipping rates, then the total cost will be $30.
How to create a Shipping Profile on Shopify
- Go to Settings from your Shopify admin and click Shipping & Delivery.
- Checkout options are available here.
- To create a shipping account, go to CUSTOM SHIPMENT RATES.
- For the profile, enter a name
- Use the search bar To add products to the shipping profile in Products
The Shipping From indicates the places from which you can ship your products. You might have locations at your retail stores but want to ship products from your home office, warehouse or store inventory.
- Select the shipping locations you wish to ship your products from and click create shipping zone in Shipping
- Name your shipping zone. Select the countries or regions that fall within this zone.
- Next, click Done.
The shipping zones correspond to the country in which you wish to establish shipping options. If your primary customer base is in the US but you believe that you will have customers from Canada and the UK as well, you can set up shipping zones for each country. You can also create a Rest of World area that will include all other countries.
- Click Add rate and choose the shipping rate that you would like to pay in your zone.
- Next, click Done.
- Click Save.
How do you manage shipping rates within your shipping profile?
Shipping rates general
Flat shipping rates are flat shipping rates that apply to all shipping boxes. They don’t depend upon item size, shape, or weight as long as they stay below a certain limit.
Shipping rates based on price
Flat shipping rates can be set using price-based rates. They are determined by the order value. An example: A $50 order would have $4 shipping charges, while orders above $50 will be less expensive.
Shipping rates based on weight
Weight-based shipping rates are the same as price-based rates. They account for orders weight.
Shipping is free
Shopify allows you to set free shipping by choosing the shipping cost to $0. Customers must still comply with certain conditions based on the order’s total weight and total price
Shipment rates calculated by third-party carriers
Shopify offers a shipping feature that connects your account to a shipping carrier. The carrier will calculate shipping rates and show them to customers at checkout. If your business is located in the United States, you can display rates from DHL Express Express, UPS, and USPS. You can also display Canada Post rates if your business is located in Canada.
To provide accurate shipping rates to customers, add carrier-calculated shipping costs to each product. Cubic Shipping rates are offered by USPS. It can often save you money.
For Basic Monthly Plan with less than two options, third-party carriers can calculate shipping rates.
- Ask Shopify Support for third-party calculated shipping rates. Monthly fee $20.
- You can switch from monthly billing to yearly billing and ask Shopify Support for the third-party calculated shipping rate feature.
Shipment rates calculated by third-party apps
A third-party shipping company calculates shipping rates at checkout based on your order details. This allows you to charge your customers exactly what a shipping company, such as UPS and FedEx, will charge when you order a shipping label.
The default package size will determine the shipping options that are available at checkout. Shopify doesn’t currently take into consideration the dimensions for the products so it can’t determine the right package or the maximum number of products that can fit inside a package. To achieve this, you will need to use an app from a third party that provides advanced packaging techniques.
When customers search for items in the catalog, they will see information such as the shipping policy. Customers are able to view the prices and add them into the total order cost. Taxes and customs duties will be automatically calculated at checkout.
How to Improve Shipping Profiles in Shopify
At checkout, disable combined shipping
One shipping profile
Multiple inventory locations can have many aspects that need to be enabled in order for this to work. Customers can still buy from either one without being double-charged.
- First, products must be available at both locations.
- To fulfill online orders, it is important to verify the location ( Settings> locations).
- Double-Charging allows shipping from multiple inventory locations. Leaving one inventory location as a shipping address removes this.
This does not affect customers’ ability purchase particular stocks. Shopify almost assumes that merchants will transfer inventory as often as necessary. Customers can buy items from any inventory location, and will only be charged once. Customers can purchase inventory from any location and they will only be charged once.
Multiple shipping profiles
Shopify will combine shipping rates for multiple shipping profiles so that customers can order products from different shipping profiles. Customers often abandon their carts when they see high shipping rates.
How can you ship to the same place without charging twice? These are just a few suggestions, but they don’t solve the problem fully.
- Open your online store profile and add a note to the subtotal line of the translate section. Explain to customers that double charges will not be refunded. This is not ideal because the customer does not want to pay double the amount to get the money back. They want the actual cost at checkout.
- Increase the price of small, inexpensive items to ensure that all orders can be shipped at the same rate. This has resulted in lower conversions.
Shopify is not the best eCommerce platform for merchants because third-party apps can be too costly and take too long to upgrade to a premium plan.
I’m not sure if they will make changes in the future like adding a checkbox for separate shipping rates. Currently, however, the only way to get third-party applications is to pay. These are the features that you should look for in an app.
- Different product groups can be given different rates
- Show and hide rates are based on the minimum/max order price, weight or whether certain products are included in the order
- You can choose from different shipping rates, but you will also get a maximum shipping cost for multi-product purchases.
- Shipping rates and shipping costs may differ between products. Only the highest or cheapest rate will be applicable
- Your customers can get local pickup and delivery depending on their zip/postal codes
- Limit shipping methods to products
These apps might be worth your consideration:
Limit items sold
Limiting the number of items you sell is when you limit the number sold each day, week, or month. Merchants who open a bakery shop are an example. They can only make 50 different types of cakes in a single day due to the limited resources they have. Problem is that the customer must be notified of the limit and not add to their inventory. An app is required to make this possible.
This function is also available in a few other apps from the Shopify app store. Higher plans will require more specific settings, such as the limit number of orders per day . These settings are shown below.
- OrderLogic – Min & Max Limits
- Limits by Limistsfy
At checkout, display shipping method
Customers can get free shipping if their order exceeds 100$. Customers can choose to receive free shipping if their order exceeds 100$.
You can get expedited shipping rates for different weight ranges if your shipping profile includes free shipping above $100. These two options are not mutually exclusive. Customers who have more than $100 in their cart will see free shipping, but also the weight-based shipping rate. If both free and weight-based shipping options are available, this scenario will occur.
To display heavy item shipping: (weight-based shipping overlaps with free shipping).
- Only create a shipping profile to ship light items. To cover shipping costs, offer free shipping to customers who order more than $100.
- To charge shipping fees, you can add weight-based shipping conditions to the second shipping profile. You can shopify combined rates at checkout so that you don’t miss any shipping fees.
- Shopify will only show heavy items shipping if the order contains products from both profiles.
To display shipping free: (free shipping overrides weight-based shipping).
- Create 2 shipping profiles like above. Add another shipping rate to heavy item shipping profiles. Orders above $100 will be free.
- Orders between $1 and 100 are the best because customers get free shipping, no matter how heavy they are.
The apps Improved Shipping, and Advanced Shipment Manager allow you to specify rates for your products. This would be a time-saver and produce more precise results.
There are no shipping options available
Is your Shopify store unable to sell products because of the error message ” there is no shipping method available for your cart or destination?” This is Shopify’s typical problem with shipping settings. You can fix it by making the following adjustments. The following settings should be checked:
There are no shipping zones for
- Create Shopify shipping zones, and enter missing rates
- If you use a shipping integration, change your inventory settings
Double-check all shipping settings
- Shipping weights for each product
- All shipping weights are eligible for freight rates that are weight-based
- Set your default package weight at zero
- All possible checkout values are subject to price-based freight rates
Depending on which dropshipping app you use, custom profiles may be automatically created. Every dropshipping app has its own shipping guidelines and practices. To avoid conflicts at checkout, you should only use one dropshipping application at a time. You should also ensure that your shipping rates are set up on the website in order to cover shipping costs, especially if drop shipping companies bill you separately.
If you dropship with Oberlo, and integrate with Shopify, this is an example. The app will automatically place all Oberlo products that you create in your Oberlo shipping account and set up shipping rates. If you are unhappy with the Oberlo setup, you can still access that profile to review and modify the rates.
Customers who place orders from your shop will be able to see the shipping rates for the product they choose. To create a total rate, shipping rates are added to an order that includes products from different locations or profiles.
Shopify will combine shipping rates for multiple shipping profiles so that customers can order products from different shipping profiles. An app that allows you to create multiple rules to charge exactly what you want will be able to handle this accurately. If all of your products are within a single profile, you can use the Multicarrier Shipping Label App. If you have a single profile, it is possible to adjust the rules so that the small product is not shipped.
Pick up local
Local pick-up will only work if your product inventory is added to the correct location. Please clarify whether the inventory has been added to the right location. To ensure that this feature works, I recommend you review the Shopify Local Pickup document. The local delivery options include both local pickup as well as local delivery. This cannot be modified once the order is placed.
Let’s say your business is more inclined to pick up local orders than shipping. Customers don’t see the local pickup option when they check out. Instead, they look at shipping options. Customers will be frustrated.
Although it is impossible to remove the Shipping option from the checkout page, customers can still place shippable orders by deleting or removing shipping zones/rates. Only local pick-up rates should be displayed in your shipping settings.
Shopify third-party apps such as In Store Pickup Local Delivery and Shop Pickup + Delivery are the only options. These apps allow you to set up local pickup and delivery times. Third-party apps also allow you to create multiple rules-based delivery scenarios, so that you can deliver the exact shipping method you need in every case.
Shopify Apps Best to Increase Shipping Profiles
Advanced Shipping Rules
Advanced Shipping Rules let you set up everything from the simplest to the most complex shipping requirements. Different products may have different rates. You can adjust carrier rates, edit rate titles and ship-from postcodes, as well as customs/duties and package dimensions. You can use the item or a percentage of the price. Without the assistance of a developer, you will be able configure and manage your own rates and rules.
- Many variables and conditions can be used to hide, show, or adjust rates.
- Different product groups can be given different rates
- Advanced Package Dimensions Settings
- Advanced rate types such as ‘By Items, ‘Per Pound, or ‘Percentage Product Price’
- Integrates with Printful and Printify.
- 7-day trial for free
- $9/month – 2 Product Groups + 1 Mixed Rate
- $29/month – 5 Product Groups + 2 Mixed Rates
- $59/month – 20 Product Groups + 3 Mixed Rates
- $99/month – Unlimited Product Groups + Unlimited Mixed Rate
Advanced Shipping Manager
Advanced Shipping Manager gives you complete control over all your shipping methods and rules. No matter how complex your problem may seem, Advanced Shipping Manager allows you to easily create multiple rules for one shipping method. This allows multiple origins/multiple couriers to be accounted in one method. Over 70 freight and parcel couriers can be connected. Purolator and CanadaPost are some of our integrations. FedEx LTL, UPS LTL, Purolator LTL, CanadaPost, Purolator LTL, FedEx LTL and many more.
- Shipping rates in real-time
- Item Level Origin Zip/Postal Code
- Block shipping methods
- Provide real-time delivery estimates for item page and/or checkout
- Assess the estimated amount at check-out and charge real-time duties & taxes
- 7-day trial for free
Better Shipping gives you complete control over how your shipping rates will be calculated. You can easily create and manage shipping rates and regulations that suit your customers and store. Shipping prices can be easily and frequently refunded at the checkout. This allows you to rest easy knowing that all your shipping needs are taken care of. You have complete control over your shipping rates at all levels. Better Shipping can help you if you require different shipping rates for small, medium or large items.
- You have complete control over shipping rates at all levels.
- For every product and variant you sell, set a flat shipping fee.
- You can restrict certain products to specific areas, based on zip codes.
- Even if you have products from different drop-shipping providers, keep your customer experience consistent.
- 7-day trial for free
- $19/month – Unlimited shipping rates at check out + Unlimited shipping rules
Parcelify offers shipping rates
Parcelify’s Shipping Rates allows you to create custom shipping rates using product information such as Product Tags and Product Types, Product Names, Collection, Vendor and SKUs. Filter rates by hiding or showing rates based upon the minimum/max order price, weight, or whether an order contains specific products.
- Local delivery and pickup: Orders from certain zip codes, post codes or cities can be delivered locally or picked up in-store
- Shipping free: Orders over a specific price qualify for free shipping
- Dropshipping: Pricing per item for drop shippers such as Oberlo or Printful.
- Flat rate shipping: The entire order will ship for a flat fee if a particular product or combination of products are included.
- Rates based on weight: Calculate the rate based upon the order’s weight.
- 14-day trial for no cost
Shopify’s Best Limit Items Sold Apps
Order Limits – MinMaxify
MinMaxify allows you to streamline the process of implementing restrictions on your cart order process. You can restrict a cart or a specific product, or a group of products. MinMaxify makes it easy to set minimum and maximum cart and product limits for orders.
There are limits to what can be done:
- The total value of the cart in dollars
- Total number of products in cart
- The number of items
- Multiple items in one product group (e.g. 6 bottles in a box)
- Limits on wholesale customers tag
- Total weight of all items in the cart
- 14-day trial for no cost
OrderLogic – Min & Max Limits
OrderLogic lets you set minimum and maximum product quantities in your Shopify Store. You can limit the number of products your customers can order by using a simple interface. You can also set minimum or maximum order quantities and amounts. You can easily set up a wholesale shop and impose a minimum order quantity or amount for your customers.
- Please specify Product Maxs and Mins
- You can specify minimum and maximum orders, as well as price and item quantity limits.
- Tag constraints can be used to group products and apply a minimum, maximum or multiple constraint.
- 7-day trial for free
- $4.99/month – Product Constraints + Order Constraints
Limits for Min and Max by Limitsify
Limitsify, a min-max app, redefines how orders can be added limits. It allows you to set minimum and maximum cart limits and supports different order logic. Limitsify lets you set multiple minimum and maximum store limits. Limits can be set based on price and SKU weight.
It supports the following Shopify limits:
- Each checkout requires a purchase amount
- Products in your store, or any SKU
- Products that are part of a particular product type
- The number of items that the vendor has to offer
- Trial for 10 days free
- $4/month: all limits except delivery
- $7/month: Units per day/week/months limit
Shopify’s Best Shipping Label Apps
Shippo streamlines shipping so that you can concentrate on your business. You can get discounted shipping rates, print labels and send tracking information to your customers all from one location. Automated batch label printing to reduce manual errors and speed up the process.
- Your brand, logo and colors can be added to tracking pages, shipping emails, packing slips and other documents.
- Get connected with more than 50 carriers around the globe
- Shopify automatically syncs package information back to Shopify
- Automated generation of customs forms, commercial invoices and other documents
- Use your rates free of charge, or pay a small per-label or monthly fee
Multi Carrier Shipping Label
You can show your customers real-time shipping rates from multiple carriers with Multi Carrier Shipping Label. All shipping labels for the day can be printed with a single click. You can also set up multiple pickups, create a manifest and send tracking information to your customers by email.
- Shipping rates to the United States and internationally
- Live Shipping Rates for Multiple Carriers
- Flexible packing with weight-based packing
- Bulk Shipping Labels can be generated and downloaded
- Generate Return labels
- Live Tracking Dashboard
- Multiple carriers offer automated live rates
- 14-day trial for no cost
- $9/month – 100 Orders
- $29/month – 1000 Orders
- $49/month – 3000 Orders
- $99/month – Unlimited Orders
Ship&co has a simple interface that allows you to import multiple orders, compare shipping rates between your carriers, print labels, customs documents, track shipments, and even track them all from one dashboard. Ship&co automatically updates your orders with any changes such as shipping address change, order notes or edits to products.
- Synchronize orders from multiple shops in real time
- You can easily compare shipping rates from multiple carriers by creating your own carrier account
- In just one click, you can print shipping labels, invoices and other international customs documents.
- Track your shipment status with tracking numbers that are automatically synced to you shop.
- Fulfill orders from multi-location Shopify shops
- Free installation 0.25USD per shipment or 9.USD each month
Let’s check that everything works properly after mapping and building each shipping method. Navigate to your store like a customer. Add a few items and change the shipping address. This would allow you to imitate a customer while placing a test order.
Shopify Shipping Profil is a useful tool for small merchants that only sell on Shopify, especially with the substantial discounts on label prices. There are disadvantages that larger, growing retailers should avoid. This guide will help you set up your Shopify Shipping Profile. It will also help you decide if Shopify is the right option for your company.