You’re probably looking for ways to increase your revenue, whether you sell products or services online or in a physical store. Many people are staying at home looking for new hobbies and ways to improve their lives. Selling online courses is a smart way to make extra money and stay safe at home.
Online courses can be a great option for businesses that want to teach new skills such as cooking, exercise, painting, playing an instrument or writing. Courses don’t need to be shipped or developed physically so they are easy to make and affordable. They can also generate passive income for many years.
How can you sell online courses?
Who can sell online courses
You can either sell workshops and courses by themselves, or with other products and services. These are just a few of the possibilities.
Let’s suppose that you teach workshops and classes in an art shopfront but are temporarily out of commission. Online painting courses could be a great way to generate additional revenue. Some are geared towards children, while others are for adults. There might be quizzes about color theory and printable templates for painting, as well as videos that show students how to use the tools. Even better, you could sell courses that include everything students need, including paint, paper, brushes and other tools. This would not only increase your income but also provide a new hobby that doesn’t require you to travel to the store.
Another example is if you are a chef in a restaurant that only accepts takeout orders. You can sell produce or online grocery boxes such as . However, you could also offer cooking classes for customers to enhance their skills. Make videos of yourself cooking (using ingredients from your grocery box). Provide downloadable recipes. To meet the diverse needs of your customers, you might offer a series on baking bread or another on summer grilling.
You could also be a tutor for students who are all at home. A course could be created for high school SAT prep or third grade reading. You can include printable worksheets and activities, as well as fun quizzes. Parents will also love the extra study time provided by the tutors, especially if they were suddenly forced into homeschooling.
There are many options! Courses are an excellent way to earn additional income, regardless of whether you work in education, nutrition, food, music, art or another industry.
- Magento Pos
- Shopify Pos
- Bigcommerce Pos
- Woocommerce Pos
- Netsuite pos
- Bigcommerce automation
- Shopify automation
How can I sell a course on the internet?
Automattic, the company behind WordPress, has created a seamless platform that allows you to sell courses and reach new customers all from one website. Here’s what you will need:
- WordPress is a free website-building platform which powers 35% of the web
- WooCommerce: a free, customizable eCommerce solution
- Sensei is an online education tool that offers quizzes, lessons and grading.
- WooCommerce Paid courses: A premium extension that allows to monetize your courses for only $129.00
These tools can be combined to create passive income that is consistent and predictable during (and after!) the pandemic. The pandemic. You can also:
- Divide courses into lessons and modules. You can make your courses easier to understand by breaking down content into smaller groups.
- You can embed videos from other sources. Simply paste an embed code in your course to include instructional videos from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Make use of the power and flexibility of quizzes. Quizzes can be used to reinforce key concepts and assess student progress.
- Your courses should be protected Make sure that only paying customers have access to your courses.
- Communicate with students. You can send messages to students from your WordPress dashboard.
- Deliver helpful feedback. Each incorrect answer should be noted when you grade quizzes. This will help students to understand how to improve.
AdvantageLearn.com South Africa’s education company uses Sensei LMS for educational support. A class, such as Maths Online for grades 8-12, can be purchased by parents. They will have access to practice questions, video lessons, progress tracking and support from teachers online. This is a great way for students to continue their education and keep up with their skills.
The WooCommerce support group is here to help you with any questions and provide detailed documentation to guide you through the set-up process.
Are you ready to sell courses online? Here are the steps to get you started.
- Follow the steps in WooCommerce Get Started Guide.
- Set up Sensei LMS .
- Create your first course.
- Purchase and Install WooCommerce Paid Courses.
- Connect your course to a product and get started selling!
View our complete documentation for more information and details about creating quizzes and adding lessons, managing students and other topics.
What can I do with online classes?
Every company, website and customer is unique, so it’s crucial that you provide courses that are tailored to your needs. Sensei LMS can be integrated with a number of extensions such as:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – Allow customers to subscribe and then pay on a regular basis. This is a great way for you to generate steady revenue.
- WooCommerce Members: You can sell courses as part a membership package that includes other content such as articles, product discounts and downloads.
- WooCommerce Bookings – Customers can schedule appointments to ask questions or get feedback.
- Sensei Course Status: This allows students to track their progress and keep track of where they are at all times, even if they’re taking the course over many weeks.
- Sensei Certificates: Provides completion certificates for students that they can print and frame.
- Sensei media attachments: Add media files (such as reading materials or worksheets), to courses and lessons.
- Sensei Course Participants Show your site visitors how many people currently take each course to encourage participation.
- Sensei Share your Grade: Customers can share their progress via social media. This gives them a sense of accomplishment and encourages friends and family to join.
- Sensei Content Drop: This allows students to specify when they can access lesson content, based on a set date or the start date of their course.
You can use any one of these extensions alone or in combination. Bariatric Food Coach offers courses as part their membership program. Students can access an online meal planner, grocery list generator and a library of recipes. They also have access to a collection of videos and courses. Customers can search for courses and filter them by subject.
Creativity is key! Be creative!
Your customers will benefit from your unique skills and knowledge. Start sharing it now! A small investment in online courses will not only help you survive the pandemic but also generate steady, passive income for many years.